Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
This week's Million Dollar Property is located in San Francisco, California. This Italianate mansion boasts 7 bedrooms, 8 full baths and an interior over 14,000 sq. ft.. For $27,000,000 you not only get this Bay Area mansion, but also views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, Marin Headlands, and Fort Mason.
You can view Sotheby's listing here.
You can view Sotheby's listing here.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Friday, July 27, 2012
|Peach Perfect Cocktail|
1 1/2 parts BACARDI® Superior Rum
1 1/2 parts White peach puree
1/2 part fresh lemon juice
3/4 part Domaine De Canton Ginger Liqueur
Crystallized ginger or raspberries for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a shaker (except club soda) and shake with ice. Pour all contents (including ice) into a long glass. Top with club soda. Garnish with crystallized ginger or raspberries on a cocktail pick.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
The trend of re-purposing pallets has created some great designs. I love finding new reuse projects for them such as chairs, patios, daybeds, fences, etc. Here are a few.
|Pallet Coffee Table|
|Glass Topped Pallet Coffee Table|
|Gray Pallet Coffee Table|
|Platform Pallet Bed|
|Outdoor Pallet Bench|
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Leontine Linens was founded by Jane Scott Hodges in New Orleans in 1996. Leontine Linens is known for its truly couture products. In 2002, Leontine Linens acquired the Eleanor Beard Studio, a historic company located in Hardinsburg, Kentucky that since 1921, has made couture linens. We love this southern company, their beautiful products, and attention to detail.
|via Leontine Linens|
|Sadie + Grace|
|Virginie + Blaise|
Monday, July 23, 2012
This listing by Sotheby's International Realty is located in Charleston, South Carolina. This $3,995,000 historical property boasts a perfect location (South of Broad) and 5,000 Sq Ft..
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Saturday, July 21, 2012
2 oz. Camarena Silver Tequila
½ of a lemon, quartered
8 mint leaves
1 tbsp. sugar-free sweetener
3 oz. soda water
Garnish: lemon wedge
Muddle lemon, mint, and sweetener in a cocktail shaker. Add tequila and ice. Shake vigorously and pour into a tall glass. Top with soda water and stir gently. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Recipe via Cosmopolitan
This beautiful cake is made from layers of light cake, lemon curd, and fresh blueberries. The blueberries layered between this airy cake are thought to be brain boosters. No guilt!
Get the recipe here... Martha Stewart Living
Friday, July 20, 2012
2 1/2 small ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), plus 1/2 mango cut into slices with skin, for garnish
4 ounces best-quality golden rum
4 cups fresh pineapple juice (from a 4 1/2-pound pineapple)
Fresh tropical fruit, such as dragon fruit and star fruit, for garnish
1. Puree mangoes, rum, and 1/2 cup water in a blender. Pour 2 ounces puree into each of six 12-ounce glasses. Fill glasses with ice, and top off with pineapple juice. Garnish with tropical fruit.
Recipe via Martha Stewart Living
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
|via Southern Living|
1/2 cup granular sweetener for ice cream*
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon Key lime zest
1/3 cup Key lime juice
1/2 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers
1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into yolk. Add yolk mixture to remaining cream mixture, whisking constantly.
3. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. Cool 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Place plastic wrap directly on cream mixture; chill 8 to 24 hours.
4. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions; stir in Key lime zest, Key lime juice, and crushed graham crackers halfway through freezing. Let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
5. *Granulated sugar may be substituted.
6. Note: We tested with Whey Low 100% All Natural Granular Sweetener for Ice Cream.
Total time does not include freezing.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
We are a little obsessed with Pinterest. We love finding new recipes, fashion ideas, and decoration inspiration. One of my many to-do projects is painting my bedroom floor. I've always painted it as it is seriously distressed (I hate carpet glue - especially nasty 40 year old black carpet glue)...I want to give it some style and have decided to use Pinterest as my inspiration...here are my favorite designs.